How do I get more out of my membership? If I had a $ for every time I was asked that question, I would be a rich woman. It is a fair question and here is the answer. Give more!
The chamber cannot guarantee your success, we guarantee that we will create a climate for you to succeed. In order for you to do that you have to be willing and ready to put yourself out there.
I can guarantee:
-it is going to be hard.
-it is going to be uncomfortable.
-it is going to take time.
If you give, if you attend, and if you work hard for others, you will be successful not only in the chamber but also in every other aspect of your life.
All of that said, there are some actions that we have found to be very helpful to new members or even existing members that are ready to get more involved. We call it the "What's Next Letter," we hope it will be helpful to you and we look forward to working with you to achieve great success.
I’ve JOINED Chamber. Now what?
In 30 days commit to:
- Go to chamber website www.leandercc.org, look at other member’s information: membership directory, e-coupons listings, event calendar
- Log on to ‘member login’ and review your information page.
- Come to one networking event
- Attend the next monthly Lunch and Learn. You will be recognized at this lunch and presented with your membership plaque.
- Commit to attend the next Chamber Tools and Resources –new member orientation to learn how to maximize membership (These happen monthly prior to the lunch. 11:00-11:30)
- Go to Chamber Facebook page look for the post of where you joined the Chamber
- ‘Like’ your post that you joined the Chamber & become a ‘fan’
In 60 days commit to:
- Make sure you have a name badge for any networking events (These are free if you go in person to Cedar Park Signs)
- Post an event or happening with your business on the event calendar
- Post a coupon on the e-coupon listing
- Attend Free After Hours Networking event, details on Chamber event calendar
- Set up your own Ribbon Cutting or Table Top Expo at the monthly lunch ($20)
In 90 days commit to:
- Add promotional information to new member bags (Standard level members and higher can bring goodies to the chamber to add to the bag)
- Review online membership directory. To whom can you potentially refer business? Call LCC if you need an introduction to that member.
- Look at the list of Chamber committees, to see where you would have an interest in getting involved (This list is sent in Jan. to all members.)
- Time is limited and not sure how to get involved? Call LCC to learn more about how and where you can serve
In 120 days commit to:
- Review advertising opportunities with Chamber for brand and name exposure
- Determine an event you would like to sponsor for additional exposure
- Review calendar for Ribbon Cutting of businesses that could be a good referral source AND COMMIT TO ATTEND THAT RIBBON CUTTING. Everyone is welcome at every single ribbon cutting.
- Review Hits to your online listing
- Update the online e-coupon and listing if needed
In 180 days commit to:
- Review membership ROI. Are we meeting the goals you set for joining? If not call us.