20 Things the Wealthy Do Every Day & How We Can Help You!
Dec 13, 2013
20 Things the Rich Do Every Day
Dave Ramsey recently published a simple list of 20 things that the rich do daily, and when we saw it we though of how many of them the chamber can help you with. Check out our enhancements/suggestions for his list.
So what do the rich do every day that the poor don’t do? Tom Corley, on his website RichHabitsInstitute.com, outlines a few of the differences between the habits of the rich and the poor.
1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day.
You can change this habit by visiting one of our fine restaurants in Leander. It will help you change the habit and help the economy.
2. 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
By joining a chamber committee, you too could work on one single goal..making Leander great!
3. 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically four days a week. 23% of poor do this.
We have several fitness clubs that are members, and I know they would love to help with that goal.
4. 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% of poor people.
The Leander Public Library can help with this one.
5. 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% of poor.
Start a list today, the first thing to do is sign up for an event at the chamber.
6. 63% of wealthy parents make their children read two or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% of poor.
The chamber supports Leander ISD and the mentoring program that puts volunteers in the schools to read with children.
7. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% of poor.
We have opportunities for your children to volunteer at our office!
8. 80% of wealthy make Happy Birthday calls vs. 11% of poor.
This one is on you!
9. 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% of poor.
10. 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs. 2% of poor.
The Leadership Leander program, would provide you something to read and do to learn more about the community and grow your business.
11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.
Keep this in mind!!!
12. 79% of wealthy network five hours or more each month vs. 16% of poor.
THIS IS THE BIG ONE! Sign up today for some events. We host two free networking events every single month!
13. 67% of wealthy watch one hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% of poor.
You won't have time to watch TV if you start volunteering and attending events, so this one will be easy.
14. 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% of poor.
15. 44% of wealthy wake up three hours before work starts vs. 3% of poor.
Again, on you, but our breakfast events might give you a reason to rise early!
16. 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% of poor.
17. 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% of poor.
18. 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% of poor.
19. 86% of wealthy believe in lifelong educational self-improvement vs. 5% of poor.
We think this is so important. That is why we have Leadership Leander and the Leander Business Development programs. Each of them are designed to provide you low cost educational opportunities.
20. 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% of poor.
If you made it to the bottom of this blog, then you probably already have this one accomplished.
Start by attending just one event each month. Check out the events calendar here!